Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas socks

Hope to finish the Christmas socks this evening. DD3 emailed that she'd come for a visit later today - with her laundry and her knitting. WooHoo! A knitterly offspring!Yarn: Worsted weight Acrylic, but what the heck. Found these two skeins in a craft box in my closet. Don't know where or when I bought them. Or why. But, they were just what I wanted for some festive gift socks. I think the giftee will be pleased.
Needles: Size 5 dpns
Pattern: Just a generic type. CO 44 sts. Cuff: K2, P2 for 2." Used a st st heel flap (with 3 garter st on ends of rows.)
Knit for: a Christmas gift.

1 comment:

Kathy... said...

I envy your knitterly offspring. Mine can't sew on a button, let alone knit!!

I think the socks look lovely!! I am sure the recipient will be thrilled.