Sunday, March 2, 2008

Dyed Yarn and Other Updates



I finally got around to balling up the three batches of yarn that I had Kool-Aid dyed after Christmas.

I wasn't too impressed with the post-dye results - while it was drying. I actually thought they were all rather ugly- especially the Berry Blue-Lemon Lime-Yellow yarn

BUT...now that I can see the colors "together," I'm actually pleased!

I have finished the Oh-So-Simple Cardigan. I'll get a photo posted eventually. Yippee!! It's finished in time for my road trip!

Now that I have NOTHING OTNs, I'll work on DD2's scarf while I'm away. Hoping there will be enough yarn for a pair of mitt-gloves.

My next project will be to use these three balls of yarn to make felted slippers. :-)

1 comment:

Kathy... said...

What fun! I have never tried dyeing anything. I think all three are very pretty, but I am always partial to oranges/peachey colors. Love it. Will be anxious to see the finished slipper.

Also...yes, we need a modeled photo of the Cardigan! I am edging up on the final stitches of my Central Park Hoodie. Always fun to finish one...and get on with the next.

Have a safe trip. Hope your roads are ok...ours are a mess this morning. Will it ever stop!