Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's Spring [or so "they" say] and other musings

Love the sunshine, but the cold north winds have made it undercomfortably chilly. However, one morning recently when the wind had subsided, I was reminded of early mornings when I lived below the Rock. I'd take my first cups of coffee on my little back patio. I really miss being able to do that. No area in the back to use and I'm not a "front stoop" sitter.

Mom's surgery that was scheduled for tomorrow has been postponed while a couple cardiologists try to figure out what's wrong with her heart. Or, IS there something wrong. Perhaps the problem is just one more symptom of her parathyroid tumor.

I was planning on having the most of three days to knit. But, now I'll be going to work this week. I just have to kirshener the toes on the two Strawberry Creme socks. Hope to do that today. I'll do a photo later.

I started a crochet project last weekend at the district Dems convention. lordy, we'd been there 14 hours by the time DD1 was ready to leave. Don't know what time it ended, but 14 hrs on a metal folding chair was just TOO much. Just between you and me [who until this year was always a No Party Affiliated person] it's a wonder Dems ever get anyone elected -- at least in this area. Totally chaotic disorganization. DD1 and I have lots of ideas about how to organize and communicate, but we aren't and never will be party big wigs.

The crochet project is the first of several shopping bags that I plan to do for myself. I've made others and gave them all away. Lately, I've been SO annoyed at the plastic bags that I bring groceries, etc. home in - I've decided to make cotton shopping bags and found several patterns on the internet. This is the one I'm working on. Photo later.

Meet another woman who was crocheting, too. She's from my town and told me about a knitter/crocheter group at their church. It's on Monday evenings, which don't work well for me, but maybe I can visit them occasionally.

My next knitting project will be one that I've tried to work on for Months. The dyed yarn projects for charity knitting that should turn into felted slippers.

1 comment:

Kathy... said...

Bummer that your mom's surgery has been postponed. But - things usually happen for a reason. I wish her (and you) the best.... hope all turns out well.