A. CIC SocksI had leftover yarn from the Dune Twist socks (see previous post), but I didn't think there was enough for a pair of smaller kids' socks, so I ordered a ball of Chocolate Wool of the Andes. As it turned out there was enough of the Dune Twist added to the Chocolate to get two more pairs of socks for CIC. The earlier "Magic 36" socks have a 7" foot, these two smaller pairs have a 5" and a 6" foot. And yes that's the end of the Dune Twist and Chocolate.
B. Stash busting for a good cause
CIC knitters are encouraged to Go Local (sort of.) I have a bin of red heart worsted on the shelf in my closet and keep thinking, "I really ought to do something with this." In the past I've knit a bunch of hats, but this time decided on something for the Cheyenne River Rez Elders. I found a Red Heart pattern: Knit Sampler Afghan and it will work wonderfully. Smallish squares, variety of patterns, etc. The yarn is in dark (forest) green, off white, blue, and burgundy.
1 comment:
Love these socks! I plan to knit for Cheyenne River. All my locals want machine wash, and I prefer to knit with wool.
Post a Comment