Friday, April 6, 2007

My Past Week - Part B

Earlier this week...Monday to be exact... we had a lot of rain. The ground was already saturated, and now the rivers are up. I live on high ground, so I was really surprised on Tuesday morning when I went downstairs to do laundry. Standing water! [I rent, by the way. And for some strange reason, the landlord had raised the floor around the drain. The center of the basement floor is several inches lower.]

I got a mop & pushed water uphill to the drain for nearly an hour & a half. I sent a text message to DD1 saying HELP! - she came straight home from work. Most of the wet stuff belonged to DD3 who's [90 miles] away at college. I left a voice message on her phone saying that it looked like most of it would have to be pitched.

DD3 called after class and said she would come home to help and arrived around 5 pm-ish. DD1 helped her haul wet stuff out to the garage. I stood around and tried to be supportive. Her boyfriend came over when he got off work & they hauled all the wet mess away.

We turned on a couple fans and by bedtime that evening the floor was completely dry.

I was SO thankful that DD3 was able to come home to help. Thanks again, Honey Bunch!

No comments: