I finished eight caps for the Cheyenne River project for CIC. Seven were finished in June and the other last evening. In the photo of the seven, there are two tweedy hats. They were knit with white worsted and a strand of [fingering weight] sock yarn - one with leftover KnitPicks Essentials "Dusk" [used for Mother's Embossed Leaves] and the other with leftover Opal Feelings #1703 - the blue stripes [used for the pair for my sister in SC.]Various sizes - children through "small adult."
Two of the caps were knit using the rolled brim cap pattern from Knitting for Peace, and the rest are Seaman's Caps - several inches of K2, P2 rib for the cuff and then st st.I tried to get Annie to model the 8th cap, but she said that it's too hot & humid today, but if I can wait till November....
She's going to spend the day on the shelf - watching Wimbledon.
1 comment:
Wow Jakki, These look great! I have been very lax, having not knit any charity items for quite some time. You should be very proud...great job!
Post a Comment