Friday, July 27, 2007

Knitting Daily

I've been receiving the Knitting Daily newsletters via email for several months. It's an Interweave Press publication and I know they produce a Lot of great books & magazines. What intrigues me about Interweave Press is that I never heard of it when I lived out there. Well, to be honest, I wasn't into knitting back then. But still....

While reading today's Knitting Daily, I poked around the links and found out that one of the people who put the newsletter together was a former co-worker of mine. Small world, eh?

I'm about ready to do my daily knitting -- It's been a long day with the boys here since yesterday afternoon.

It's been a frustrating day for their folks...they had the truck loaded and were ready to drive the 30 miles to their new apt. But before they got on the road, their new landlady called and said, Oops - the woman who was vacating the apt. wasn't completely moved out yet. DD2 & SiL had paid the deposit a couple weeks ago, so they were expecting to be able to move in today. Another issue was that they had to have the truck back down there by 5 p.m. They got the call from the landlady at 7 p.m. to say that the apt carpet has been cleaned and they can move in. So, they're going to load the beds on a pick up truck and get them set up in their apt. and then they'd be over to pick up the boys. They'll have to get a truck again tomorrow [hopefully] to move the rest of their belongings. The other grandma will watch the boys tomorrow.

Today, though, we went to a park, to the petting zoo, and to the airport. The boys also helped water the plants out front, chalked up the sidewalks and driveway, played with new neighbor kids, and spent over a half hour playing with GOOP [mix together baking soda, cornstarch, and water.] Both Buster & Sport have been asleep for several hours now. And I had a nice nap!

Now off to my current OTN project: another pair of little kids socks for CIC.

No comments: