Well, I guess if it's "annual" it's a tradition by default.
Just a note for now, since I haven't blogged in a week, and then I'm off to set up a card table in the TV room [aka: living room.] Next I'll arrange the four new boxes of Christmas cards and whatever cards are left over from 2007. Then, with Christmas list/address book and pen in hand, I'll start addressing my 2008 Christmas cards. Yep, that's right. 2008.
I enjoy getting cards, but sending them used to be such a chore. Life is SO busy between Thanksgiving Day and Christmas - and trying to do cards during that month was just TOO much. One year I thought: "IF I do the addressing earlier in the year, then just add personal notes when I'm ready to send them, it wouldn't be such an ordeal."
So, the next Superbowl Sunday [which was during a non-crafting time of my life], I was wondering WHAT on earth I could do while "watching" the game. And, I remembered the Christmas cards. Ha!!! What a stroke of genius! It's been a tradition ever since.
And what do I do if someone moves during the year? Well, that's what large Avery labels are for, right? There are some envelopes that I only write the name on...such as my nieces & nephews. You never know when those kids are going to move again. Usually I only have to slap a label over an old address once or twice a year. This past year - not at all.
OH...and the pen I use to sign the cards & address the envelopes, I store with the cards. Then Thanksgiving weekend - or whenever I get around to do those personal notes - I have the same pen. No mis-matched ink for me!
Lest anyone think I use 4 boxes each year. No...I send about 38-40 cards [including all the nieces & nephews.] Its just that I was nearly out of cards, so when I shopped after Christmas I got 4 boxes. So I won't have to get any next year.
Superbowl: may the team with the most points win.
OTN:
1. The Oh-So-Simple Cardigan. Abt 1/3 of one front finished. I've got to get busy on this - I'd like to take with with me [wear it] to a conference I'm attending in early March.
2. A CIC vest with Knit Picks Bulky wool. It's about 1/4 finished
3. Off the needles, but needing seams sewn - a pair of 6 mos. size bootees for the NA Support group [for the Cheyenne River Reservation.]
1 comment:
You are really a girl after my own heart....never waste a moment!!
Post a Comment