Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sport's 5!

Sport was 5 yesterday! Can't believe he's THAT old - that means I was in town five years ago this past week interviewing for my [current] job. And five years ago tomorrow I drove home, sobbing along the way 'cos I was leaving that darling little baby and didn't know when I'd be back.

Obviously, I got the job and didn't hesitate to move back here. I've really enjoyed being able to see my grandsons weekly [if not more often.]

Photos of Sport, Buster, and the two together:










































OTN UPDATE: I'll finish the striped pair of socks for CIC this evening. Normally, I could have completed a pair in less than two evenings. But, doing the striping is SO fiddly. There must be a better way to keep the different balls of yarn from tangling. It was just too much of a mess - so I only did the stripes on the legs and knit the rest in solid. Photo tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kathy... said...

Oh My! The boys really are growing up so fast. They are such good looking "young men"! I am happy for you, that you are close and can enjoy them...and they you!

I know I am very grateful that I am so close to BG.... I feel for grandmas that live far from their grandkids.

I am still working on mittens for CIC. I must be behind the times.... better go check!

Take care.