Really quickly 'cos I've been catching up on blog reading and I'll be late for work....
Except for weaving/closing after the toe turn, I'm finished with the first Move Your F@nny Sock. I'll do the finishing on both socks at the same time. And, since I only have one set of size 1.5 [US] needles, I've moved the stitches to holders so I can cast on this evening for the second sock. No photo, yet.
The heel and toe turns went very smoothly, after encouragement & advice from Kathy. (Thanks again!) In fact the toe went perfectly. After fiddling and frogging a bit on the heel a couple times because I'd set it down and when I picked it up again, didn't get on the right row...was confused about where the slipped stitch was, etc. On the toe, tho, I used stitch markers to set the slipped stitch apart. Saved me much time and irritation!
1 comment:
Oh Good! I am so glad that it was a happy experience for you. I really love the techniques, and the outcome of them. Yours are going to be so pretty with that redwood forest color way. I remember when shirley knit a pair from that. Don't know why I haven't gotten some of my own.
Sofee says thanks for the b-day wishes. She had a great day, and enjoyed looking thru all the old family photos, picking some to share. Give Hawk a cuddle from us!
Post a Comment