Hmmm...I need to get the manual out and learn how to take better digital photos -- these are too dark.This was my first BSJ and it turned out surprisingly well. Especially since I've never seen a real one in person.
The back - before closing the seam. EZ's directions say to "weave" the seam closed. Or something like that. So I just did a whip stitch type of closure. However, I've seen several photos online where the seams were crocheted. I like the look of that, so if I ever do another, I'll try it.
I thought the sleeves looked too short. I found some photos online where cuffs had been added. So, I picked up stitches from the cast on edges and did 2 inches of k2, p2.Also did one row of crochet around the neck. If there's a next time, I'd do either a collar, or an I-cord trim around the neck.
Need to add buttons. Not sure if I'll keep this first one, for the heck of it, or pass it on to a charity.
Pattern: Elizabeth Zimmermann's BSJ [from the Knitting Workshop book]
Yarn: KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Evergreen, Holly Berry, and Redwood Forest; also Patons Natural Wool.
Needle: 29" circular Size 4
Modification: added the cuffs
5 comments:
Hi Jakki,
Love your BSJ! Isn't it amazing when you fold it all up, and it's actually a sweater!! I was shocked that it actually worked.
One of the ladies at my LYS made one out of self striping sock yarn. It is newborn size - VERY cute! I have a skein of Opal "Petticoat" the original pastel colors that I plan on using for a BSJ someday -- if I live long enough to do all the "someday" projects I have in my head! LOL. Anyway - great job on yours - it looks great. I like the ribbing added on to. Also the neckline detail. Great additions.
Nice job - I love the color combination!
I really, really love this sweater - it looks awesome in this color combination! Fantastic work indeed!
Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com
Thanks for your comments! The photos just don't do the colors justice. I used to love only "blues" - but the "cranberry" shades and foresty greens have won me over. And KnitPicks' Redwood Forest colorway combines those colors without being Christmas-y. (Sounds like a commercial, eh?)
And the BSJ was so much fun, I'll have to do another!
Jakki
Your BSJ is beautiful and your very own by adding the ribbed cuffs. I, too, love the colors you chose.
Post a Comment