Now there are only 6023 people ahead of me in the Ravelry queue. When I signed up about 5 weeks ago there were 16850. They seem to be processing about 2000 or so a week - it's going faster than I expected! I might have to take a couple vacation days from work when I get in :-)
In the meanwhile, my OTN projects are:
1) the Move Your F@nny pair of socks for myself. I have the second sock just started [finished row 2 of the cuff a LONG time ago! Oh...it's a good thing I'm blogging all of this. I thought it was Months Ago, but according to that post it was only about 5.5 weeks ago!]
2) the crocheted "blankie" for Buster
So the Goal is to finish BOTH projects before I start another. I admit that might be a bit difficult. I'm not a very disciplined person, as evidenced by my lack of commitment and interest in dieting, exercise, housekeeping, etc. I'm movitated by what interests me - and at the moment I'm interested in knitting. That can't be ALL bad, can it?
I've put all my other yarn way. Out of sight, out of mind, they say. But, before I packed it way, I took a quick inventory -
1) I've got enough "sock" yarn for 5 adult pair.
2) There's also some sport weight yarn [or worsted? I'll have to figure that out] in Christmas colors that I'm planning to use for house socks for someone who will remain nameless for now.
3) Enough [polyester] yarn in a tweedy color combination that features the predominate colors in my work wardrobe [tans, browns, dark foresty greens, cranberry, dark blue, etc.] Maybe, I'll go ahead and knit that sweater this autumn/winter. Maybe.
4) Oh, yeah, more "sock" yarn. Some undyed wool to try KoolAid dyeing!
5) Enough Wool of the Andes Bulky for a child's sweater or a couple vests for CIC.
6) Enough Wool of the Andes Worsted for about a dozen pair of little kids socks -- or a respectable number of pairs for bigger kids.
7) Camo yarn for a "blankie" for Sport.
Whew. Considering that a year ago I only had the yarn listed in item #3 above, my stash has grown!
1 comment:
Somehow stahes grow when we aren't looking! I for one refuse to figure out how much I actually have.... Ignorance is bliss.... :)
Good luck with Ravelry - it is awesome!!
Post a Comment