Sunday, October 7, 2007

OTN Update; Ravelry; and, of course, Grandsons

OTN: True confession time. I have not knit one stitch on the 2nd F@nny sock. Hope to today, tho. Stay tuned! However, I'm on the last round of the blankie for Buster. WooHoo! I'm going to work on the one for Sport yet today, too. I thought I'd do that one in granny squares, but I decided I really don't like sewing all those squares together nor do I care for fiddling with all the loose ends. So, I'm thinking about either: Sewing the current 24 squares into a rectangle and then go round & round that rectangle. Or, a bit of a compromise -- do more rows on the current 4" squares, so I'd end up with 24 bigger squares. [How much bigger? I haven't worked that out yet. I'm on meds for a nasty sinus infection.]

Ravelry: Good grief. They're moving about 500 per day. There are only 1600, plus a few, ahead of me now. Sure, I'll get the invite this week. I'm going to be out of town on TH-FRI and I have to WORK next Sunday. Drats. Unfortunately, I will not be able to develop my Ravelry site whilst at work.

Grandsons: The boys were over for a few hours yesterday. Sport [4 yrs] is getting taller, smarter, and he's SO curious about everything! He's a tech geek, too. :-) Buster [2 yrs] is certainly not a baby anymore. He's got a wicked fast ball. Mind boggling to see him in action. He's a leftie, brings his right knee up, leans his left shoulder back, and hurles the [air-filled, plastic] "baseball." I've caught it between my eyes more than once. And, I'm sure that's where he was aiming! He's just as good with a football, too. His auntie [DD1] and I are going to push for the baseball vocation, though. Oh, and did I say he's a hitter, too? Pitch it to him anywhere close to the strike zone and it's outa there! [That's especially mind boggling for me - who has NO hand-eye coordination and was always the LAST person picked for a side in gym class!]

Here are a few photos from yesterday. Buster on the left & Sport on the right:

1 comment:

Kathy... said...

Your boys are just so darn cute! You must enjoy them so very much!!

Let me know what your Ravelry name is, once you are on board. It will be soon, I am sure!