#1. Pattern: KnucksYarn: Knit Picks' Swish DK in Nutmeg
Needles: Yikes - I think 4 [US] dpns
Knit for: My dear friend J across the pond
Instructions on Knitty.com call for embroidery on the "knucks," but I left them plain. J can add stitching, if she wants. The pair I will cast on tonight [same yarn, same pattern] for myself will have "DAMN COLD" embroidered on the fingers. These will be my computer gloves - and maybe my knitting gloves too! I prefer the nickle coated Knit Picks needles or Addi Turbos over bamboo, but the bamboo needles don't get cold like the metal ones!!
#2. Pattern: generic. CO 68 stitches. K2, P2 rib for 1" and then K3, p1 for the leg and instep. Top down.Yarn: Red Heart's Heart & Sole [70% Superwash Wool & 30 % nylon] in 3950 Watercolor Stripe
Needles: 0 [US] bamboo
Knit for: Mother for Christmas
1 comment:
Nice mitts and socks too! I had a chorus of requests for socks this year....after no one except my mom got any this year. I guess I really MUST get back into sock mode. Soon, I hope......
Post a Comment