I admit it. I'm a horrible patient. I moan and groan. And if my throat didn't hurt so bad, I'd be calling people to tell them how awful I feel.
Maybe because I've been medicated today and not thinking clearly, it wasn't until an hour ago that I thought about making soup. I didn't have any chicken, but, plenty of chicken broth, garlic, onions, etc.
I've only had a few spoonsful so far, and already I feel better.
Very basic recipe:
Make the matzo balls following the recipe on the container - add a half teaspoon (or more) of dried rosemary. Refrigerate 20-30 mins. Then gently saute a small onion, chopped, and thinly sliced celery in a tablespoon of canola oil. Add a couple teaspoons of minced garlic and plenty of coarsely ground black pepper. Add about 4 cups chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Add chopped chicken, if you want. Drop matzo into the gently boiling soup by spoonfuls. [It doesn't bother me if the soup gets a bit cloudy. Some people cook the balls in water first, but I like the flavor when they are cooked in the broth.] Cover, turn heat down, and simmer for about 20-30 mins. - depending on size of matzo balls. Ladle into soup bowl. Splash with Red Devil pepper sauce. Serve with a box of tissues.
Works every time!
When I finish this bowl of soup, I'll work on sock 2 of my December socks. Don't think I've blogged about them yet - that will give me something to blog about tomorrow :-)
1 comment:
Hope you feel better soon. The soup sounds very tasty! I have a sickie - DH is down with a nasty cold. Guess it's the season.......
Post a Comment