Thursday, May 10, 2007

Blue Stripes update


Slow going... working-for-pay and sleeping seem to get in the way of knitting. Darn. But, since this sock has been on the needle for ever so long [before surgery], I've taken a vow to Finish the pair in a week. [I think I can, I think I can....]
Scanned this -- the leg really isn't odd shaped - just squished under the lid. And that bit of rose colored yarn -- just a marker/reminder for when I finally get to sock #2.
Details posted on April 29. Addendum: switched to size 1 [US] after leg.

3 comments:

Kathy... said...

Lovely! I just love striped socks. And, that looks so practical. All the lacey socks are nice, and fun to make, but give me a plain ribbed sock anyday....for comfort and plain wearability.

rahime said...

The socks look good! I love that colorway, too - haven't seen it anywhere. My husband would love it!

jknit said...

Kathy & Rahime:

The Blue Stripes are the 12 pair or so that I've knit. And I've used the k4, p1 rib pattern several times already - might call it my "standard" pattern :-)

When I saw this one ball of blue striped Opal at the new LYS near my DD3's apt., I HAD to have it! If there had been two balls of it, I'd probably have bought the second. Blue is my favorite color and these will be perfect with jeans!