I'm nearly half finished reading Knitting Rules! Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is great!! She'll probably never be in my area...but I'd luv to hear her in person!
I went to a surprise 60th bd party for one of Buster & Sport's great-aunts last evening - at Carlos O'Kelly's. They sure don't have much on the menu for people who need bland, low-fiber food. I ordered El Pollo Asado. Didn't eat the "salad" [lettuce/tomato] and ate only half the Mexican rice since it's a bit spicy. The grilled chicken, tho., was moist & tender. [No problems afterward, if you get my meaning.] Great-aunt was totally surprised by the 30 people who broke into "Happy Birthday to you..." when she walked in the door. :-)
When I got home last evening, I watched the last period of the hockey match. Since the Avalanche aren't in the running, I really don't care who wins the Stanley cup. But, it's a long time till October, so I'll watch whatever game is on while I can.
During the hockey I finished Blue Stripes #1 [except for closing the toe - that will wait till I have two to Kitchener.] I'll do a little housework this a.m. and then CO for sock #2. Won't get as much done today as I'd hoped. I'll be picking up Buster about 3 p.m. His people are going camping again and he's not allowed. He's a risk-taking 23.5 month old who loves to run....
2 comments:
I am nearing the end of the book also. Fun read. I may purchase a copy, as I would like to have it for future reference.
If Stephanie ever does come to "our state" - we will have to go see her together!!
Ya gotta deal!
Post a Comment