Monday, June 23, 2008

OTN - YO Cable socks

What? No photo? For now - here's a photo of the yarn and the specs:

Pattern:
"Yarn Over Cable" [a Five Stitch Pattern on pg 43 of Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks]
Yarn: Steinbach Wolle Sockenwolle, #014 from Fall 2004 color card
Needles: Two size 1 [US] 24" circs
Modification: top down, instead of toe up
Knit for: Me!

I've finished the heel turn on both socks and I'm ready to pick up the gusset stitches. I'm considering knitting the sole on size 0 [US] -- read somewhere about doing that to help the soles wear better.

This was the very first sock yarn I bought over a year & a half ago. I didn't know how much to buy, so I got the three 50 g balls. I have plans for the left overs - to perhaps stripe with a 50 g ball of Steinbach Wolle Sockenwolle #180 which is a green, brown, and gray twist.

No comments: