Friday, December 15, 2006

Buying sock yarn

Bought the OPAL Petticoat [for Mother's socks] at a yarn shop in the State Capital in October. It was only 3 blocks off the freeway, so only a slight detour on my trip to the conference.

I went back to the State Capital again last week and I tried a different shop. This one was only 1 block off the freeway! I bought a [100 gm] ball of Austermann Step...just because I like the colors [#10 ] I think it is shades of ecrus, tans, and raspberries. However according to that website: "10: melba" is actually "Burgundy,Peach,Multi-Color." Whatever. Can't wait to knit this up! I have a raspberry colored jacket, tan slacks & an ecru satin top to wear with the soon-to-be socks. I'll start them on the 25th.

For the second pair [for myself] with "real sock yarn," I bought Steinbach Wolle: Sockenwolle [50 gm balls] #14 Brown at a yarns & beads shop about 65 miles from home. Stopped there on my way home on a vacation day trip to see DD3 [at college.]

There IS a yarn shop in the next town over, about 20 min. drive, but I haven't been there yet. I'll check it out when I start on the sockenwolle.

No comments: