Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Knitting lesson #1

The past week has been such a rush/blur with Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, & Boxing Day [aka in the Midwest: The Day After Christmas] preparations, meals, family, etc.

However, last Friday I went with DD2 to take Buster & Sport to their dad's aunt for an overnight visit. On the way back we stopped at the yarn shop where I bought my very first sock yarn [The #14 Brown - Steinback Sockenwolle.] I wanted to buy a ball of coordinating yarn [#55 or #56], but they didn't have it. DD2 went into the shop with me. She wants to learn to knit. Yippee! She bought a book and I bought the yarn. [I already have the needles.]

Today DD2 and the boys came over for a visit. While Buster took a long nap, I got her started on a practice piece. She's not doing too badly. I encouraged her to practice getting the tension and the stitches even before she starts on the scarf & hat I bought the yarn for.

No comments: