Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Grafted Toe

I'm back from my trip to the yarn shop. The owner showed me an easier way to finish the toe than using the Kitchener stitch. I came home with one sock completed. I missed a couple stitches, but went back & caught them in. Finished product looks acceptable. This afternoon I'm going to practice on its partner.

I'm thinking that this will be easier when I get my new bifocals in a few days. Ya think??

Other small successes for the day:

1. Finished my Christmas shopping [2 stops]
2. Picked up an item at the Local Big Box for Mother & took it to her - she had a visitor, so I didn't stay.
3. Stopped at the Health Food market [rarely stop there - it's about a 20 min. drive away & not on the way to anywhere I usually go...but, it was on my way to Mother's from the Yarn Shop] I enjoy going in there. It smells so..."Early '70s" :-) All I bought was 3 lbs. of wheat berries. I'm going to fill muslin bags...to heat in the MW and use as a heating pad.
4. Bought another ball of sock yarn = Oops, now I have 3 balls all for future socks for myself! This one is not a "pretty yarn." GG would have a fit over the color. But, being the practical sort, this will go well with several of my work slacks/jackets. It is Trekking XXL #90 "Kiefer." So now I have a quandry. Which one to begin: The #14 Brown - Steinback Sockenwolle; the Austermann #10 Melba; or this new Trekking XXL #90.

Decisions, decisions. That will have to wait, though. I'm going to stick a turkey in the oven and make some soap. Cor, I sound all domestic. Knitting socks, cooking, and making soap. Not my usual schedule! But. I'm ON VACATION for the next 12 days AND I have all of my Christmas shopping [and knitting] finished! Just gotta do the soap.

No comments: