I finished the second Seaman's cap for Sport He likes it and I'm pleased I took the time to knit a second one - following a real [not imagined] pattern! Sport was very cooperative when I explained to him that I thought the first one was too big & when I finished the new one we would trade. I also explained that I would take the old cap apart & use the yarn to knit mittens for him.
So, it's done. We traded caps and I have started the thumb increase on the first mitten.
And, I cannot believe that I do not have short, straight #5s or #7s. I have a big collection of needles [even after passing some on to my daughters.] I have all the needles I bought BK [before kids], GG's needles and Mother's needles. But no short, straight 5s or 7s.
I have several pairs of longs in those sizes, so that's what I'm using now. But, I keep whacking the arms of my recliner with the ends of the long needles. So...guess that means ANOTHER trip to the Crafters' Big Box after work tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment