I'm not looking forward to my trip to the CBB tomorrow...my 3rd in a week. But, I'm not willing to wait for those short 5s & 7s. Maybe they are all laid out the same, but the yarn dept. at the one nearby is in the farthest corner from the door. My ankle will be ready for the recliner by the time I get home!
Saturday I went to the other CBB in town since I was going to be up that way anyway. Whoa! I've only been in that one a couple times since moving here...and not at all recently. I was amazed at how much larger it is than the one that's a mile from my house. [And my local CBB used to be a Super KMart, so it's a Big building.]
They are Big stores, but the yarn depts. are very small and there's NO sock yarn at either. What??? Lots of super chunky yarns, and feathery, fluffy yarns, but no sock yarn.
Which brings me to the LYS [Local Yarn Shop] issue. There's the small one in the next town. The LYSOwner is a very nice lady. But, the shop is quite small and the array of yarn and knitting supplies are limited. I bet I'm not the only person in this town of over 50,000 people who would like to see [and who would use] a well stocked LYS here.
I could order online, and I suspect I will do that for some yarns. But, buying online [and waiting for a shipment to arrive] is not as fulfilling as driving over to the shop, browsing, touching [squeezing], chatting with the LYSO....
OTN [On the Needles]: 2nd Trekking sock. Didn't get much done yesterday or today. Don't think I'll meet that Wednesday evening goal.
OTN: mitten #1 for Sport - in the same Bernat Camouflage "Mash" yarn as the cap.
No comments:
Post a Comment