Sunday, February 4, 2007

OTN update and other musings

I did some dishes, 3 loads of laundry, and cleaned the bathroom yesterday. Also worked on a genealogy question.... about possible kin who were among over 300 people returned to their families [after being Indian captives] in 1764. Very interesting reading [I was/am a history major.]

AND...drum roll...I also knit 3 inches on the Seaman's Cap for Buster [in Red Heart variegated blues] AND 4 inches on the first leg of the Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Flathead Cherry. Love the feel of this yarn.

OH... and drove up to Mother's. But didn't stay. Friday evening I went shopping after PT [that was stupid] and shopped for Mother, too. It was 6:30 p.m. by the time I dropped off her groceries. and I was tired, hungry, and my ankle was aching. So, I just took in the bags and said, "Gotta go."

However, while I was zipping along the freeway dreaming of my recliner & an ice pack for my ankle, Mother called wanting to know where her ice cream was. Hmm...I guess in the trunk. So, I drove it [and the two cans of frozen juice] over there this morning. ARGH. Minus 28 degrees F windchill.

I was driving along past the lake and saw a dozen or so fisherpeople out there. On the lake. And I remembered the shock and amazement my nephew expressed the first winter he was here and drove past the lake with his dad. The lake where they'd fished in the summer. Having lived in Oklahoma and Virginia, Nephew had never before seen such a sight. "Dad! There are cars out there ON the lake!!!"

And I thought of how cold it must be out there ON the lake - even in those little huts. And I wondered if those fisherpeople have someone who loves them enough to knit thick, wool socks for them. ...or if they knit their own?

No comments: