Thursday, February 1, 2007

Sock of the Month 3

Hey, I've joined a "Sock of the Month Club" Knit Along ...SAM3 KAL. It started today. But...I don't think I can legally claim those Trekking XXLs that I finished this afternoon as my pair for February.

So...I've cast on and have completed 4 rows of my February socks. The yarn is the Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Flathead Cherry. The pattern is one I found online at: Poshyarn. Scroll down the page to see the Slip Up Socks. If you move your cursor over the photo of the socks, you'll see an enlarged image of the stitch pattern.

I worked a couple gauge swatches today while at PT and decided that the size 2 needles that the pattern calls for [and not my size 1.5 US/2.5 mm bamboos] will be best. I've been reading posts on the Socknitters List that discuss pros & cons of wooden [or bamboo] needles. I haven't left a comment, but in My Humble Opinion, my one set of bamboo dpns are the best knitting investment I've made yet!

2 comments:

Rachel Leverton said...

Welcome to blogging world! I love knitting socks, too, but I'm not nearly as accomplished as some of the people on the KAL3. Can't wait to see what you're working on!

Feel free to come by my blog, if you'd like.

http://alohaknitter.blogspot.com

jknit said...

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoyed your blog, too. I'll visit it again!