DD1 thinks all I do is knit on that April [Austermann Step #10 - Melba] sock. But, that's because that's all she sees me doing. Up until yesterday I was napping more than not, but from DD1's perspective my days have gone like this:
7:30 a.m. - Mom's up. In the recliner. Knitting on that sock. [DD1 leaves for coffee shop day job.]
Later in afternoon - [DD1 returns from day job] Mom's up. In the recliner. Knitting on that sock.
An hour later - [As DD1 leaves for evening job at very nice Italian restaurant] Mom's up. In the recliner. Knitting on that sock.
Hours later [DD1 returns from Italian restaurant.] Mom's in bed. There's that sock, yarn & knitting needles on the table beside the recliner. She must have knit all evening.
From my perspective, the past five or six days have gone like this:
Knit a few rows. Lay it down. Take a pain pill with a big glass of water. Knit a few rows. Hoist myself out of the recliner and head to the loo. Back in the recliner. Knit a few rows. Sleep for an hour or two. Knit a few rows. Take a pain pill with a big glass of water. Knit a few rows. Doze off for ten minutes. Hear DD1 putting key in door. Pick up my knitting. Knit a few rows. Decide I need to head to the loo....
You get the idea.
2 comments:
Ha Ha!! DD's - aren't they great!! Hope you can spend a little more time actually knitting each day. Your daughter's idea of your day sounds totally perfect to me!!
The other day, when I said to DD1 that I sure wasn't getting much knitting done - and saw her expression, with her eyebrows Knit Together - I realized that we had different perspectives on how I've been spending my time! :-)
Post a Comment