Friday, March 23, 2007

Self Striping Yarn

Looking at old photos recently with Sport and came across this one taken in September 1974. Groovy, eh? My first encounter with "self striping yarn." The design that emerged was Totally Accidental. I was amazed - and pleased - at what happened :-)

This morning I dug out my box of knitting [etc.] patterns and found the one I used.

The yarn was Red Heart Wintuk Clansman sport weight. The pattern was from a 3-pattern folder: "Clansman Sweaters - Coats & Clark's Studio Card No. 8"

Copyright: 1973 - Price: 35 cents

Good lord!

When I saw the kids' sweater photos on the pattern card, I remembered knitting several for First Nephew and First Niece. And now I know what pattern I'll use for pullovers for Sport & Buster :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning, Jakki,

Found your page while searching for Coats & Clark's Studio Cards. I remember those knit and crochet patterns well.

Have you found others in that series?

Thanks!

ReneeK

jknit said...

I think I just have the one studio card.

Jakki