Thursday, March 29, 2007

Online Shopping Fun

WooHoo! I'm just back from shopping at amazon. My dear friend from across the pond, JCS, gave me a gift certificate! I browsed the site for ideas: there was a book about the War of 1812, several on genealogy, and then I looked at knitting [related] books. Being a practical sort, I decided that the book on the War of 1812 & the ones on genealogy I would probably read through once and only once. And they could be easily borrowed from a library. But the knitting books...I would read and refer to over & over.

Then, I had to decide which knitting book[s] to choose. I read the amazon blurbs and found online reviews and finally settled on:

Wolcott, Jill. "YNotKnit"
Pearl-McPhee, Stephanie. "Knitting Rules: the Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks"

Several reviews called "YNotKnit" basic and perhaps it is. It describes how to knit the Continental Method and that's all I've ever done, but I'm thinking I could use some advice and tips from the pros. DD3 has started knitting, and DD2 wants to, so the book would be a good reference for them as well.

It appears that "YNotKnit" is not currently in stock, but usually ships in 4 to 6 weeks. Darn. But I'll be happy to get it when it does arrive!

Thanks, JCS!!!!

No comments: